4. Ginger root – Ginger root is a well-known anti-inflammatory agent. Its properties can be highly beneficial in relieving pain caused by swelling of the joints. There are a number of ways to incorporate ginger root into your diet such as steeping it in boiling water to make a tea, adding it to smoothies, or dicing it to incorporate into a stir-fry.
5. Nettles – Stinging nettles might sound a little intimidating, but they contain powerful anti-inflammatory phytonutrients. You can buy nettle tea and bypass the “stinging” altogether. The anti-inflammatory properties of nettles have been validated by researchers who published their findings in Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, confirming the efficacy of nettles as an anti-inflammatory herb. Whether you use nettles as a tea or supplement, it will help you to eliminate gout.
6. Celery Seed Extract – Celery juice and celery seed extract is a highly effective treatment for gout which has been shown to reduce uric acid buildup in the body. Most people don’t realize that celery is dense in nutritional content with over a dozen different types of antioxidants including phenolic acids like ferulic acid and caffeine acid as well as flavanols like quercetin. Because of its rich nutritional content, celery is an effective treatment for many inflammatory conditions such as joint pain, irritable bowel syndrome, skin disorders, kidney and liver infections, and urinary tract infections. Fortunately, celery is as easy as it is medicinal. You can eat it raw, juice it, add it to green smoothies, or buy celery seed extract.
7. Lemon Juice – One way to ease the pain caused by a buildup of uric acid in the body is to neutralize the excess uric acid by alkalizing the body with fresh lemon juice and baking soda. Lemon juice isn’t the only fruit that can help you. Any fruit that is high in vitamin C will help to strengthen body tissues.
8. Proteolytic Enzymes – You can also treat gout using proteolytic enzymes. One of the best ones to treat gout is called bromelain. It is a digestive enzyme found in pineapple cores that can reduce inflammation and uric acid in the body.
9. Epsom Salt – Unlike the home remedies previously discussed, Epsom salt is not to be consumed. But it is a useful element for home treatment when it comes to arthritis in general and gout in particular. Epsom salt has a high concentration of magnesium that can help to lower blood pressure and promote heart health. Simply soak the affected joint in an Epsom salt bath to relieve pain and swelling.
Thanks for reading.